Rugged Laptop Computer Rentals
"I contacted Rentacomputer.com when I was in a pinch and needed a laptop for my business trip within the week. Their agents got me the kind of laptop I needed, and delivered right to the hotel I was staying at. I highly recommend using their services for any temporary need for technology." - Josh H. from Atlanta
"Many thanks for your help with our presentation rentals. The laptop and projector were a great combination! We do a lot of renting around this time of year, so we will be in touch" - Isaac V. from Chicago
"Your website was so easy to maneuver and find what I was looking for. I’ll definitely be keeping you in mind for my future laptop rentals!" - Mica from Indianapolis
Why Rent a Rugged Laptop?In some industries, usually with on-site requirements in demanding environments, a simple laptop just wont cut it. In these situations, you need a heavy duty laptop that will survive out in the field. These types of laptops are designed and engineered to withstand the harshest environments and professions.
Withstand Harsh EnvironmentsThat includes drops, spills, dust, extreme temperatures, glare, grime and more. All rugged laptop rentals feature enhanced durability and performance. Don't risk your standard laptop in these environments. Some of our fully-rugged laptops are even capable of being dropped from six feet without being damaged!
Various Brands & Degrees of RuggednessRanging from military grade (Fully Rugged) to flexible, business-ready solutions (Semi-Rugged), Rentacomputer.com has a vast array of rugged laptop products and brand rentals to choose from. We offer popular rugged brands like Panasonic Toughbooks, Durabooks, Itronix GoBooks, and models by Getac, Dell and Toshiba.
What Makes a Laptop RuggedMost rugged laptops offer most of the following features:
- Metal Alloy Casing: Heavy-duty casing, which provides extra protection against bumps, jolts, and falls.
- Tempered Glass Displays: Stronger display to prevent cracking or splintering.
- Outdoor-Readable Displays: Screens designed to be read indoors or out.
- Rigorous Testing: Test equipment against drops, shock, moisture, dust, exposure to extreme temperatures, and more.
- Shock-Mounted Hard Drive: Internal hard drives are mounted in shock-absorbing compounds, which protect the drive from the impact of a fall or jolt.
- Spill and Dust Resistance: Sealants prevent liquid and dust from getting through the cracks in the keyboard and touchpad.
- No Fan: Unique case construction allows it to work without a fan or vents which can expose internal components to dust and dirt.
- Sealed Ports and Slots: Unique sealing to protect vulnerable areas where liquid and dust could easily enter, such as PC card slots.